Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Main Campus: 215-751-8394 | NERC Learning Commons: 215-972-6270 | NWRC Library: 215-496-6019 | WERC Learning Commons: 267-299-5848
CCP American History Courses
The College offers several United States History courses which can meet elective degree requirements.
HIST 101 United States History: Colonial America through the Revolutionary Era
HIST 102 United States History: The 19th Century
HIST 103 United States History: The 20th Century
HIST 103H United States and Pennsylvania History: The 20th Century (Honors)
HIST 150 History of American Health Care
HIST 160 History of American Diversity
HIST 170/RS 170 Religion in American History
HIST 220 African American History to 1877
HIST 221 African American History After 1865
Free Courses on the Web
Here is a partial list of the free United States History courses posted on the web by Open Culture. Visit their site to view the entire list.
"Get free Philosophy courses from the world’s leading universities. You can download these audio & video courses straight to your computer or mp3 player. For more online courses, visit our complete collection of Free Courses."
- African American History: From Emancipation to the Present– YouTube – iTunes – Web Site – Jonathan Holloway, Yale
- African-American History: Modern Freedom Struggle – YouTube– iTunes – Clay Carson, Stanford
- American Economic History – iTunes – J. Bradford Delong, UC Berkeley
- Ben Franklin and the World of the Enlightenment – iTunes – Bruce Thompson, Stanford/UC Santa Cruz
- Colonial and Revolutionary America – iTunesU – Jack Rakove, Stanford
- History of New York City: A Social History - iTunes Video –YouTube – Web Site – Daniel Walkowitz, NYU
- History of the United States Since 1945 – iTunes – Daniel Sargent, UC Berkeley
- Introduction to African American Studies – Real Player Video- Abdul Alkalimat, University of Illinois
- Introduction to American Studies – YouTube – iTunes Video -iTunes Audio – Michael Cohen, UC Berkeley
- Medicine and Public Health in American History – Web Audio- Chris Hamlin, Notre Dame
- The American Founders and Their World – iTunes – Jack Rakove, Gordon Wood, etc. Stanford
- The American Revolution – YouTube - iTunes Video - iTunes Audio- Web Site – Joanne B. Freeman, Yale
- The United States and the World Since 1945 - iTunes Audio – Daniel Sargent, UC Berkeley
- U.S. History from the Late 19th Century to the Eve of World War II – YouTube – iTunes Video – iTunes Audio – Web – Richard Candida Smith, UC Berkeley
- US History: from Civil War to Present by Jennifer Burns – Web– Jennifer Burns, UC Berkeley
- The Western Tradition (Video) – YouTube - Web site - Course Outline – Eugen Weber, UCLA